Sunday 16 October 2011

Penny Black and More


A very Good Morning to everyone, a scheduled one here so fingers crossed Mr Bloggers not having a day off as I need to tell you that there are exciting changes afoot over at Penny Black at Allsorts. I will tell you the basics, but you will need to pop over there and get the full low down.
  • We are opening up the challenge entry criteria.
  • There will still be lots of prizes, but also an extra special prize section.
  • A monthly “Who’s in the Spotlight” feature every month, a chance for those peeps to write their own crafting bio to go on the challenge blog.
  • A change of start date of challenges to the first Sunday of each month.


Please grab our new sidebar button and add to your blog to help spread the word

The current Autumn themed challenge is being extended to accommodate the new start date and will run until 31st October. So there is still plenty of time to join in the fun.

And of course there has to be a little share of a PB card, this one using one of the 2011 Christmas stamps Penny Black 4205L Village Christmas and looks like a little bit of brayering crept in too, funny how that keeps happening.

Note added: For those who read my post yesterday and came up with various suggestions.........it was Arsenic and Old Lace - it was still bugging me so in the end I did a Google search........should really have done that before yesterdays post............it was apparently a 1944 movie with Cary Grant. How I remember that I have no idea as it years before I was born, but my Mum and Granny loved him so I guess I must have heard them talk about it and it stuck.

Whatever you have planned, have a good Sunday everyone.

30 comments:

Svetlana said...

yhis is wonderful, Brenda! i don't understand all you wrote, my english is poor, but i do see such a beautiful card! you're an artist!

OK said...

очень красиво!

Annie said...

Not been around blogland for a bit Brenda - sorry - this is just gorgeous.
Ann xxx

G Peplow said...

Hi there Brenda, Such a pretty Christmas card, beautiful colouring ;0) Gay xxx

Mihaela said...

What a beautiful Christmas card, lovely colors!!!

Нинель said...

Very quiet and very nice!

Shirley said...

This is such a pretty scenic card. The spotty card works beutifully. Love it.

Shirley

Lisa Cornwall said...

Fab card, and I will defo pop over to Allsorts and have a look. Hugs Lisa x

Lily Anuska said...

Wonderful Christmas card. Selected colors are interesting. Hugs.

Anonymous said...

Good luck with the new and improved challenge blog. This is a lovely card, I really like the design with the frame and the green colour looks lovely like an English heritage colour.

Sadilla said...

beautiful card dear; I love it!!!
I'll go to have a look at pennyblack! =)
hugs
Sadia

Jacee said...

Love the colour combo on this one Brenda, a lovely card.
Hugs Jacee

Milaya said...

I like this card, so nice lovely colors! I am interested in the new challenge blog I wish you to have success in that!

Lisa Jane said...

Beautiful scene .. love the frame you created and the gorgeous roses
Lisa x

Sharon Huffman said...

I love this card! It makes me want to hop on a horse-drawn carriage and ride through the snow!

The Sparkly Fairy said...

What a beautiful card. Liking the changes to the blog challenge too!

chillin with Quillin said...

Beautiful card, love the design and colors!!
Paula

Nannieflash said...

Hi Brenda wow love that card those scenic stamps they are so useful for simple card designs. hugs Shirleyxxxx

Vicky said...

Just so gorgeous Brenda....

have a lovely afternoon...big hugs Vicky xx

Kat said...

What a beautiful image Brenda and you've made a very special card with it. I love the addition of Santa and his reindeer lol!

Take care,

Kat xx

Sally H said...

A totally Gorgeous card, Brenda! I will look forward to entering PB @A a bit more often in the future. Hope you are resting and being good!

Paula (PEP) said...

I've been eyeing up the stamp you used for a while - it's such a lovely image especially teamed with your brayering. I love the way you've framed it & those leaves are striking with the flowers. The lilac & green combination is really a classic & I love how soft this all looks.
Paula (PEP)

Claire Phillips said...

Beautiful card Brenda - I love those flowers!Cheers Claire x

Maria Luisa- scrap said...

love the design and colors !
Hugs
Maria Luisa

Crafty Loops said...

Really beautiful card, I love the flowers. Lee x

debby4000 said...

Absolutely gorgeous Brenda.
luv
Debby

Marja's Stamp Addiction en Marja's Creativity said...

Brenda what a beautiful Christmas scene and card. Love it very very much. Great and gorgeous work.
Lovely greet Marja

Bernie said...

This is such a lovely scenic card! Love teh frame and flowers!
Blessings Bernie

Ruth said...

The colours, the diecuts,, the flowers..I love it all. Ruth x

Linby said...

This is just breathtaking Brenda, love it.
Linbyx