Sunday 2 August 2015

Hollyhocks



Before I tell you about our new challenges I must add a few words to my previously scheduled post and again thank you all so much for your kind words, e.mails and understanding in response to my previous post, I have drawn great comfort from them.

When this pops up we should be on our way to Barcelona for a few days ahead of sailing to Italy, Croatia, Montenegro and a couple of days in Venice and I am hoping it will be the tonic my body needs to get me back on track.

Our monthly challenges at Penny Black and More and Stamping Sensations have nice and easy themes of Summer Flowers and Anything Goes, as always lots of lovely prizes to be won including a mega £50 store voucher from Tattered Lace.

So needless to say it's looking all rather floral here this month, I didn't set out with that intention and it was only when I came to write up my post that it occurred to me as both cards were made some weeks ago, but c'est la vie and you all know I love my florals and need little persuasion to use them on my work.

Another Tattered Lace centre stepper card for my Penny Black make at the top, these dies sets with all the matting and layering dies included in the set make them a breeze to make. The image is the gorgeous............and wood mounted............Penny Black Hollyhock stamp, stamped and coloured with Spectrum pencils three times to give the focal image and some decoupaged flowers on the side panels. The leaves are TL Sophie Trio set and I added some ribbon and sparkly slide across the bottom section.


And for my Stamping Sensations DT piece it's one of the new TL essential book cards along with lots of TL dies and a Penny Black floral stamp and sentiment. The DP's are all G45 with a real summery feel and I inked the focal stamp with coordinating DI colours. A rather OTT organza bow made on the EA bow maker and another gemstone ribbon slide.

Happy Sunday all and hope you will join in our challenges. See you all when we come home.

34 comments:

Stamping Bubbles said...

Hi Brenda
Two gorgeous cards today. You just can't go wrong with flowers and after the dismal summer so far the ones on paper look so much better than the ones in my garden.
I do hope you have a fantastic holiday and that the sunshine will do both body and soul 100% good.
Take care and big hugs
Lesley

AnyOldCraft said...

Brenda these cards are stuuning.
Love the book card.
Ooooh lucky you. I do hope your body lets you enjoy it sweetie.
Have a fabulous time and see you when you get back.
x

Marianne said...

More pretty flowers today.
Happy to know you should have started your holidays by now. Relax, enjoy and recuperate!
Marianne x

Fikreta said...

gorgeous cards you made
I hope you will enjoy in yout travels.
wish you that you have fun and relaxing time.
hugs ❤

ALI said...

Gorgeous cards. Enjoy your break.

aussie aNNie said...

Stunning cards Barbara, keep safe and see you soon.xxx

{aNNie The Journey Is The Start My Personal Blog}

ellyscard creatief said...

Awesome card Brenda.
Blessings, Elly

Gio said...

gorgeous cards!

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Gorgous both the cards! I wish you a very happy travel and expecially some good days in Italy, of course! :D
Hugs and take care of yourself

Tracy said...

I love those Hollyhocks, they are so pretty on the stepper card. A really fabulous book card Brenda, what a wonderful bow too. Two very gorgeous creations.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Ellibelle said...

Such gorgeous creations Brenda. Loving those pretty flowers and wonderful card shapes! Hope you're having a nice and relaxing holiday!!

Pamellia said...

Wow, gorgeous Brenda! Love the shape of the second one, looks like a book! Two beautiful creations! hugs :)

McCrafty's Cards said...

Both cards are beautiful Brenda, I love those Hollyhocks, I hope the holiday does you a world of good and you come home feeling much better
Kevin xx

Pat said...

Two gorgeous cards Brenda, I love the Hollyhocks on the first and the beautiful design of the second. Sorry to read of your problems over the past couple of weeks, I have been away so this is my first visit. I do hope you have a wonderful holiday and that you come home feeling much better.

Pat xx

Jacee said...

Wonderful cards Brenda, I love the shade of pink on the first and the lovely flowers, the second is just so lovely, fabulous work!
Glad you are getting off for a break and I do hope that it does you the world of good, enjoy yourself my friend, it sounds wonderful!
hugs Jacee
Simply Paper Card Design

Robin said...

Such beautiful creations! You are very inspiring and so creative. There is a young man in my church who will be leaving to be a missionary in Croatia for the next two years. This was his last Sunday with us. Hope you have an amazing time and get the much needed wellness you so deserve to get. Hugs, Robin

Sarah said...

Bon Voyage lovely lady xx

coldwaters2 said...

Have a wonderful, relaxing holiday Brenda. Brenda these are two beautiful cards especially love that Hollyhock one.
hugs
lorraine x

Kathleen said...

Two fantastic creations, great flowers, card shape, love the book card, papers and a sensational bow.

Have a great relaxing holiday.

Kath x

Kitten Kraftz said...

Beautiful cards Brenda! Especially like the book card!
I recieved my parcel of stamps the other day :) Thankyou ever so much, they are great stamps and I can't wait to use them!
I hope you have a lovely time away and that the rest and sunshine will help you to feel a lot better too :)
Love Pearl x

Berina RGA said...

beautiful cards Brenda! love all of them!! Hope you are feeling better!! take care..

Anonymous said...

beautiful cards brenda! hope you're feeling well enough to enjoy your holidays!

Jackie said...

Two stunning cards Brenda, I would not like to choose a favourite cuz I love them both, but if you were to twist my arm then the hollyhocks might just tip the scales :o)
Jackie xx

Dawn said...

Gorgeous cards Brenda! I love them both!
I hope your holiday is just what you need & you feel all the better for it!
Hugs
Dawn xx

Rhonda Miller said...

These are both beautiful. I've always liked hollyhocks.

http://cheryl-cherylscreativeatcscards.blogspot.co.uk/ said...

Oh wonderful cards hun stunning as always,hope the holiday is amazing hun xxxx

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Some really beautiful cards here since I visited last Brenda, I hope you are having a lovely holiday and hope your health enables you to enjoy it.
Lorraine

Shirley said...

Two beautiful cards Brenda. The Hollyhock card caught my eye, not just because it is beautiful but because Hollyhocks are one of my favourite flowers. They are in full bloom in many gardens in my road at the moment and they look a picture.

Shirley

Lynne K said...

Once again I am in awe of your designs, Brenda. Both cards are simply stunning.x

Lynne K said...

Once again I am in awe of your designs, Brenda. Both cards are simply stunning.x

Merry said...

I wish you an amazing holiday Brenda and such beautiful places to relax in. What amazing cards, so very feminine and pretty. Love the bows.

Sally H said...

Wow! Two totally stunning cards, Brenda! Gorgeous colours and designs. I hope you are enjoying your holiday and making a good recovery xxx

pinky said...

PURE PERFECTION!! Loving these mrs B. I have tried one of the book dies and just love them.

Whisper said...

So classy and i so love Stepper cards too, Luv Sam x